GRAPHIC USER INTERFACE & WEB GURU
Here’s your chance to join a North American leading provider of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). We are expanding our dynamic team based in Toronto, Ontario and are looking for a qualified individual to join our merry band of transportation technologists who are making the world a better place by providing transit agencies and passengers with the technology to get people home on time! Excelling with us means being motivated from within, working well with others and being passionate about what you do and why you do it.
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 5+ years experience.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with marketing/sales, clients, software developers in a team environment
- Create graphic assets for various UI screens and elements from print, to digital media, to web development, to mobile apps etc
- Design and create UI flow and functions based on client specifications
- Learn and use proprietary tools
- Work within hardware and software limitations for the project
- Take responsibility for producing your own work to a high standard and to any agreed schedule
- Present design ideas and artwork in such a way as to communicate these ideas clearly, explaining artistic and technical issues
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- 5 or more years of industry experience
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience as a User Interface artist
- Conceptualizes and creates all types of UI elements, ability to design UI variety of styles
- Experience creating 2D concept art; concept artist a big plus
- Thorough understanding of UI flow and function design
- Proficiency using industry standard 2D packages Photoshop/Illustrator/Flash; portfolio of strong graphic design and UI work a huge bonus
- Works within hardware and software limitations for project
- Must display solid design and composition skills, a keen interest in design overall and a sharp eye for presentational style
- Ideal candidates will have some animation experience and a good understanding of basic animation/motion design principles
- Candidates must have an aptitude for problem-solving as well as an ability to think and act quickly and come up with effective solutions to challenging situations
- A good communicator who is as comfortable and confident in talking to team members and project designers and can handle a critique professionally
If you think you're up to the challenge, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.